Friday 19 November 2010

Supporting characters in tv- part one



Leslie Winkle
'The Big Bang Theory' 

 Leslie: Listen, neither of us are neuroscientists, but we both understand the biochemistry of sex. I mean, dopamine in our brains is released across synapses, causing pleasure. You stick electrodes in a rat's brain, give him an orgasm button, he'll push that thing until he starves to death.
Leonard: Well, who wouldn't?
Leslie: Well, the only difference between us and the rat is that you can't stick an electrode in our hypothalamus. That's where you come in.





Leslie Winkle (Sara Gilbert) is a physicist working at Cal Tech, Passadena. She's not only clever but also outspoken, witty and (the shock! the horror!) likes sex. She's not emotionally fussy when it comes to men. If you wanted to see her aggravated, try arguing that loop quantom gravity is a lesser theory compared to the string one. You might as well walk up to Sarah Connor claiming terminators are cool as long as they look like GlauBot.  




Sheldon: Who told you you could touch my board?
Leslie: No one.
Sheldon: I don't come in to your house and touch your board.
Leslie: There are no incorrect equations on my board.
Sheldon: Oh! That is so, so...
Leslie: I'm sorry; I've got to run, if you come up with an adjective, text me.





 Now, imagine these two having a spin-off show together, with never-ending bazingas and the physics banter. What a little nerd heaven that would be.











1 comment:

  1. I would ADORE that. That would make me happy for the rest of my life.

    The spin-off show, that is.

    I love Leslie.

    ReplyDelete